lucy was happily playing with a craft drawer set, stacking all the contents on the top of it, and then she disappeared. she came back into the room with her black leather shoes and told me that they were "ugly boy shoes," to which i replied that no, they were cute little girl shoes. i didn't really think much more of it until i heard lucy say, "now they're pretty...mommy, my shoes are pretty now." i went into her room and found her with 3 bottles of puff paint and her now "decorated" shoes. luckily it washed off (i had to scrub it with a stiff brush) and miraculously it didn't get on the carpet or her dress. amazing. what a day.
13 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I am laughing out loud right now! I love it! Doesn't every kid have to do something like this? It is like a right of passage. Too cute, though I'm sure you weren't thinking that at the time:)
What a wonderful little artist you have! Too cute, as Val says. I'm glad you opened this blog. It will be fun to read about "my" girls.
Gramma Zu
That's classic! It's amazing you were able to scrub it off, they're cute shoes! But couldn't you have just let her wear them once to church or school? c'mon... they looked beautiful!
Post a Comment