
this past weekend we went to the much-anticipated
fiafia (
samoan pig roast) with our church ward! it was great fun. here we are in line for the potluck. not a great photo, but it's the best one i got. no,
lucy is not drunk and yes,
shane is wearing a fanny-pack. don't even get me started.

yes, it was an authentic
fiafia! apologies go out to any animal lovers, vegetarians or PETA activists for this photo, but it was just so cool! this bad boy was roasted on actual river rocks. rumor has it that it was quite the ta-
doo to find a whole pig and involved much
internet searching.

our friend, joey, from
samoa demonstrates the effort involved in extracting coconut milk.
i'm really glad they sell it in cans...i can personally guarantee that i would never go through the effort of squeezing shredded coconut to get the milk otherwise.
6 comments:
Thanks for posting.....I do check in to see what's new even though I don't comment much....luv zu
Pics are great! I check here often to see if you've posted even if I don't comment very often. Luv, zu (If two comments from me show up it's 'cause I coundn't figure out how to work this thing!)
wow...did you love the guy's red hat in your pic at the top! I laughed so hard! It sounds like you all are doing great! Loved your pics!
Loved all the knew updates! You could always venture over to Guam to find yourself a pig. They run wild in the jungle here.
How cool! Love all the pics, btw. Just no time to comment on them all. Tell Shane I love the fannypack...hahaha.... :-)
OK, I was just checking your blog out again and realized I wrote KNEW instead of new. Ooops I guess I should go back to school SOON!!!!
Post a Comment